Friday, March 26, 2010

Coals to Newcastle ?

Hosptial Loco on lineOr in this case, miniature Hellingly Hospital locomotive to the real railway.

Not that there is much real railway left I'm afraid. What you see is the model perched on the road crossing at Park Road. There are several photos of the prototype engine here so when I visited Uckfield Show last year, I took the opportunity to give the model a trip out.

Actually I did feel a bit daft taking this photo but living so far from the line, I knew I might not get the chance to do this again. It was a quiet evening so the model could sit in place for a few minutes without too much danger of being run over.

Anyway, building models of extinct lines running into asylums is pretty daft so I suppose this is just one more step towards turning myself into an inmate !

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Brilliant!!